We want to make sure that users from all over the world feel delighted when using Astrid. Therefore, we would like to offer Astrid in every major language — but we need your help! If you speak any of these languages, you can help translating Astrid.
The platform we are using to translate our app is called Launchpad. If you want to help out, here’s how:
1. Go to our page on Launchpad: Astrid on Launchpad
2. In the sidebar on the right, click Help translate
3. Select your language
4. Select the platform which you would like to help translate — either Android, iPhone, or API
5. Translate the phrases in the “New Translation” section and hit enter!
The symbols such as %@ represent a variable. This allows us to insert dates, names, and numbers. For instance, “%@ active tasks”Â shows up as “4 active tasks” if the user has 4 active tasks. It is important to keep the symbols in your translated phrases and place them where it is grammatically correct in the language.
6. To give you context of where the phrases are used in the app, we have uploaded some annotated screenshots for Android andÂ iOS. If there’s a screenshot for the phrase, you will find a reference in the comment beneath the phrase. For example, “slide 3b” means screenshot 3, position b.
Learning a language is never easy, but we believe Astrid can do it with your help!